Date of Last Revision: Aug 1, 2013
VitaPeeps takes your privacy seriously. This policy describes why we ask for the permissions that we do as well as the data that we record. By using this application, you are indicating that you agree with the policy and consent to our use of your information as outlined here. Since we may update this policy periodically, you should review it for changes. We only ask for permissions that we absolutely need in order to provide VitaPeeps’ users the best possible experience. For example …
VitaPeeps iPhone ApplicationWhen initially logging in with Facebook …
- We ask for your basic info, so that we can include the profile picture and name next to a given user’s meetups, status updates, comments etc. Additionally, this information allows VitaPeeps to filter posts by Friends and Friends of Friends, and it allows for check-in information to be integrated.
- We ask for your email address, so that we can alert users of in-app meetups and other notifications that are specifically requested by a given user.
- We ask for your about you, because by having access to a given user’s current city, etc, VitaPeeps will be able to provide users the most relevant and useful meetups on our in-app feed(s).
- We ask for the events permissions, so that we can integrate Local Public Facebook Events (based on ones current city) that are hosted by or attended by you and/or your friends onto the VitaPeeps/People Feed. Additionally, the permissions allow for us to show all the users that have attended the Facebook Event, and the permissions allow for VitaPeeps’ users to be added to the Attending List on Facebook when they Attend the Event on VitaPeeps. In short, the event permissions will aid VitaPeeps in providing more useful and relevant meetup information on a daily basis.
- Display posts, integrated Public Facebook Events and checkin information of local friends and community members on the VitaPeeps/People Tab
- Display posts and integrated Meetup.com meetups of local friends, enthusiasts, and community members on the Enthusiasts Tab/Passion Feeds
- Display meetups and integrated meetups information of local friends and community members on the Popular Tab/Popular (Popular) Feed
- Display news and activity information of local friends and enthusiasts on the News Tab/News (Friends) Feed
VitaPeeps Facebook ApplicationWhen initially allowing the App on Facebook …
- We ask for permission to send users email(s), so that we can alert users of in-app meetups and other notifications that are specifically requested by a given user.
- We ask for permission to post to Facebook as a user, in order to make it easier for a user to get even more exposure for a given meetup (users can post an Advanced Meetup both within the app as well as on Facebook by simply checking a box, then clicking Post).
- We ask for permission access a user’s data any time, because this allows us to update relevant data for you throughout the day, so when you are actually using the app it performs at a very high level.
- We ask for permission to read the check-ins, of users and their friends, because by integrating check-in information into the app, we will make it easier for users to engage in impromptu meetups.
- We ask for permission to access a user’s profile information,because by having access to a user’s current city, etc, VitaPeeps will be able to provide users the most relevant and useful meetups on our in-app feeds.